Diaper Cake Delight- giraffe theme


Crafties just add joy and pleasure to my life!  This diaper cake for an upcoming baby shower about $20 !  Will break-down the price pieces later.

This is how I did it:







It is just plain FUN.  I put baby-wipe packages in the middle to add bulk.  Swirl the diapers around, layer upon layer, adding where you need to.  First I had the top edges of the diaper out but it was too rough or ruffley for my taste so the final layers were crotch sides out.  Secure in place with a ribbon!  Sculpt.

Then adorn with your fabric, ribbon, baby accessories or bows.  Dollar store or Mama's theme can be a great inspiration, as well as what you have at home.



I already had the tissue paper, ribbon, craft-ties, and cardboard cake round (bottom platform).  I bought the topper giraffe for about 6 bucks, the apron for $2.50.  The baby wipes used were three packages for about 3 or 4 dollars, and I used 80 diapers for $8.


I used a safety pin to secure the ornamental fabric in the back.  I used craft ties to poke ribbons and flowers between layers, and also to secure the topper into place.











Look above.  I used craft tie to help giraffe hold his straw flower.  Below, see how I made the decoration ribbons.



I am sorry that the above picture is not clear.  Very close to the middle you can barely see a dark colored STRAW (drinking straw from the dollar store).  You will need to use a straw or a stick (can use k-bob cooking skewer) to poke from top layer to through lower layer.  Do this as needed, to secure layers of the diaper cake so that top layers do not fly off.


Oh he's so cute!!!



I truly hope this is an encouragement for you to try, if you enjoy crafties as well.   It's a great mother daughter project... to work together to hold the diapers in place and tie, and decorate.  Be blessed in the Sonshine,
                                     Tammy
                                 

Elephant bonus:  See the note/card tucked in the netting or tulle:







Comments